Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Final Oscar Analysis, Part 2: Acting Categories

So here's how it is, campers. The words you're reading are my official third attempt to write this blog entry. Two times previous, I've gotten almost to the end of the post, and my blog, in its infinite wisdom, has chosen to erase my entry. I love technology. I guess the point I'm trying to get across is that I'm just not capable/willing to write all the commentary for a third time. I'm offering up my predictions for the acting categories. If you want commentary on a particular race, ask for it in the comments and I'll give it. Until then...I really don't want to write the whole thing all over again. For a third time. Here we go.

Lead Actor
My predictions, in order of likelihood:
Jeff Bridges, Crazy Heart
George Clooney, Up in the Air
Colin Firth, A Single Man
Jeremy Renner, The Hurt Locker
Morgan Freeman, Invictus
or: Sharlto Copley, District 9, Michael Stuhlbarg, A Serious Man

Lead Actress
My predictions, in order of likelihood:
Meryl Streep, Julie and Julia
Sandra Bullock, The Blind Side
Carey Mulligan, An Education
Gabourey Sidibe, Precious
Helen Mirren, The Last Station
or: Zoe Saldana, Avatar, Emily Blunt, The Young Victoria

Supporting Actor
My predictions, in order of likelihood:
Christoph Waltz, Inglourious Basterds
Woody Harrelson, The Messenger
Stanley Tucci, The Lovely Bones
Christian McKay, Me and Orson Welles
Christopher Plummer, The Last Station
or: Alfred Molina, An Education, Anthony Mackie, The Hurt Locker

Supporting Actress
My predictions, in order of likelihood:
Mo'Nique, Precious
Anna Kendrick, Up in the Air
Vera Farmiga, Up in the Air
Samantha Morton, The Messenger
Melanie Laurent, Inglourious Basterds
or: Julianne Moore, A Single Man, Diane Kruger, Inglourious Basterds

There we go. Sorry for the lack of commentary. It's just...three times. I'm too grumpy at this blog post to do it competently anymore. Maybe I'll offer up some commentary with my final predictions on Monday. Anywho, tomorrow I'll wrap this up with the tech categories. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment